Bridge Worker/ Carpenter
Reporting to the Foreman, the Bridge Worker/Carpenter will have proven experience within a heavy construction/railway setting, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety, and teamwork. The individual will have direct experience working with structural steel, concrete, wood and heavy equipment. This role will be required to work in a variety of locations across Canada, according to the projects secured by SEMA.
Schedule: Full time position. May work on the weekend or night shift.
The majority of our worksites apply 14 days on and 14 days off schedule.
Salary: To be determined according to the place of work and the experience of the candidate. Collectives agreements may apply.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in building site set-up and operations;
- Installation and removal of suspended scaffolding;
- Concrete demolition using jack hammers and chipping guns;
- Building and installation of concrete formwork;
- Participation in the pouring of concrete;
- Removal and installation of bridge ties;
- Installation of pedestals and bearings;
- Removal of steel rivets with rivet busters;
- Installation of steel parts as part of bridge repairs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work at heights;
- Good team spirit and positive “can do” attitude;
- Good manual dexterity and skills;
- Good physical condition and endurance;
- Strong adherence to safety standards and demonstrated commitment to health and safety regulations;
- Valid G driver’s license;
- A valid class 1 or 3 driver’s license (QC) or A valid class A or D driver’s license (Ont.) is considered a strong asset;
- Experience in working with concrete and/or steel structures in a heavy construction or ideally a railway bridge environment is considered an asset;
- Working at heights certification (QC and Ont.) is considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset.
The job requires lifting heavy loads and handling vibrating tools on a regular low. Good physical capacity is therefore an essential condition for employment.
We would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.