Heavy equipment operator
Reporting to the Foreman, the operator will have proven experience within a heavy construction/railway setting, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety, and teamwork. The individual will have direct experience working with structural steel, concrete, wood and heavy equipment.
Machine Operator in our team means operating a front-end loader, excavator, telehandler and skid steer in a safe and efficient manner. This role might be required to work in a variety of locations across Canada, according to the projects secured by SEMA.
Schedule: Full time, may work on the weekend or night shift. 14/14 work schedule.
Key responsibilities include:
· Operate independently different type of machine on job sites (excavator, forklift and crane)
· Complete daily equipment inspection report ensuring proper fluid levels are maintained and equipment is in good safe working order;
· Ensure all safety standards and procedures are followed during the operation of the equipment, and report any safety concerns;
· May perform other related duties as assigned like helping bridge workers and carpenters on their tasks.
Skills and Competencies:
· High attention to details
· Good team spirit and positive “can do” attitude;
· Good manual dexterity and skills;
· Good physical condition and endurance;
· Able to perform minor inspections and repair of mechanical equipment.
· Experience and certification as a machine operator;
· Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset
· A valid driver’s license
· Experience working with concrete and/or steel structures in construction or ideally a railway bridge environment is considered an asset
We would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.